Setting up an Apple Device for Silvertrac
There are just a few simple steps involved in preparing your Apple device for reporting with Silvertrac. Complete the following steps to ensure a smooth start.
- Download the Silvertrac App
- Turn on GPS Location Settings
- Restrict Access to Non-Essential Apps(optional)
Download the Silvertrac App
- Click the App Store icon on the home screen of your iPhone. Use the icons at the bottom of the screen to browse categories of apps. Click "Search" at the bottom of the screen and type Silvertrac into the search bar that appears.
- Select the Silvertrac app and click the "Free" app to download it to the phone. Note: You may be required to sign up for an iCloud account. You can do this on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later. Just follow the setup instructions for your iOS device.. You may need to verify the email address that you use for your Apple ID.
Turn on GPS Location Settings
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Tap the Location Services toggle to turn GPS on or off. When GPS is enabled, a list of applications that access the feature is displayed. Tap the toggle for the MobileTrac application to enable GPS access.
Restrict Access to Non-Essential Apps (optional)
It can be beneficial to restrict access to specific apps if you want to ensure that your field users are only using the device for reporting and communication purposes. To restrict access to specific apps visit this support page provided by Apple.