To setup an Android Smartphone with the latest beta version of Silvertrac, there are a few requirements:
- The device you are installing the beta on MUST be a company owned device. DO NOT follow the directions on a device owned by an officer or company employee.
- Your device must be running Android OS 5.1 or higher.
In order to get access to the beta, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Uninstall the Current Version of Silvertrac
- Open Settings on your device.
- Tap on Apps or Application manager.
- Tap on the Silvertrac App. (You may need to scroll to find the right one.)
- Tap Uninstall.
For a more detailed step-by-step on uninstalling an app on the android, click here >>
Step 2: Reboot the Device (VERY IMPORTANT)
Next, you'll beed to turn off your device and turn it back on.
Step 3: Opt-in to the Beta Program
To opt-in to the Silvertrac beta program, open this article on the phone and click the button below:
Alternatively, you can navigate directly to this URL on the device:
You'll receive an update to the Silvertrac app if you already have it installed on your device.
If you don't have the Silvertrac app installed, download it on Google Play.
Note: It can take a while for you to receive the update.
Opting Out of the Beta Program
You can leave the testing program at any time and switch to the public version of the App
To switch back to the public version:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Click on the three lines on the top left corner
- Click on My apps and games
- Click on Beta
- Click on Silvertrac
- Scroll down about halfway through the page and click on Leave Beta
- Uninstall Silvertrac
- Reboot the Phone
- Install the public version on Google Play.
Note: It can take up to a few hours before you can download the app's public version.